• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjbwbeach

What is the name of your state? Florida My son was arrested on December 1, 2005. He was released on a $25,000 bond. Today is March 13, 2006and to date the state prosecutor's office has still not filed charges. Therefore there has been no preliminary hearing. This has gone on for over 100 days. Can this legally go on indefinitely?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
bjbwbeach said:
What is the name of your state? Florida My son was arrested on December 1, 2005. He was released on a $25,000 bond. Today is March 13, 2006and to date the state prosecutor's office has still not filed charges. Therefore there has been no preliminary hearing. This has gone on for over 100 days. Can this legally go on indefinitely?
What was he arrested for? Were any continuances granted for either him or the prosecution? did he leave the jurisdiction at any time? Was he put in jail for anything during this time? More details would be nice. Legally it depends on why it has taken so long.

bjbwbeach

These are the details as I know them. My son was arrested at his home when the police arrived after a phone call from someone who stated my son had run him off the road with his vehicle. Not true. They knocked on his door and stated they smelled marijuana, told him to step outside and they went in. He had just arrived home after giving someone he didn't know well a ride. This person had phoned some people to meet him at my son's house to pick him up. The girls were waiting inside my son's house. Turns out they were underage-21 and 18. There were open beer cans in the house. The police arrested him for --aggravated assault with a vehicle, contributing to the deliquency of a minor, contributing to the deliquency of an underage female, possession of less than 20grams of marijuana, open house party(5 people present-no music), public nuisance. He has not left the jurisdiction, checks in with his attorney and bail bondsman once a week, and has not been stopped or arrested for anything else. That is my question, why is it taking so long to be presented to a judge to see if he will be bound over for trial

Last edited:

seniorjudge

bjbwbeach said:

They are investigating a dope ring and trying to decide whether to charge him with a felony, misdemeanor, or let him go.

They have at least a year to decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">