• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son being held for dead brothers probation volation.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

itsjoesfault

[FONT=]undefined[/FONT]What is the name of your state? Louisiana. Son is being held on two charges. He has a very healthy fine for unpaid tickets and failure to appear in count for them. Requires money for fines. No problem except he is also being held for violation of probation which was not him but his brother. Who died before completing his probation. This was a DWI 11. They have somehow emerged these two people as one and think he is telling them a lie. I have the necessary papers to prove the birth, death, and the probation of the one who is dead. I just don't have a hand to put the papers into. He has been in jail for 3 weeks on a pay are do your time and a do the time for the crime on his brother. How do I help him. How this happened is beyond me, since they should have mug shots, finger prints, SSN, and all.

Zephyr

itsjoesfault said:
[FONT=]undefined[/FONT]What is the name of your state? Louisiana. Son is being held on two charges. He has a very healthy fine for unpaid tickets and failure to appear in count for them. Requires money for fines. No problem except he is also being held for violation of probation which was not him but his brother. Who died before completing his probation. This was a DWI 11. They have somehow emerged these two people as one and think he is telling them a lie. I have the necessary papers to prove the birth, death, and the probation of the one who is dead. I just don't have a hand to put the papers into. He has been in jail for 3 weeks on a pay are do your time and a do the time for the crime on his brother. How do I help him. How this happened is beyond me, since they should have mug shots, finger prints, SSN, and all.
get him a lawyer, contact the da? or the probation office?

Kane

He needs a lawyer. One will/should be appointed for him on the probation case (not for the tickets, though). If he doesn't have a court-appointed/public defender, call the court and ask them about it.

The most likely way that it happened is that one or the other of them gave his brother's name during one or more of his arrests.

itsjoesfault

Probation Officer is out on move leave. No one has took her place. DA office tells me to see Probation Officer. He is being held on a wait and go before Judge for brothers probation violation. All the places I call turn out to be dead end streets. Its like running a dog on a coon trail every time it runs cold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">