• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

son in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madmom1

What is the name of your state?:confused: What is the name of your state?new york

Hi My 24 year old son had a warrant for failure to report to drug treatment program for 1 year. Last week he was charged with reckless endangerment, assault, and weapons possession in a case stating that he fired a gun at someone and did not hit him but hit his car and a city bus. He claims he is innocent, and heard the shooting start and began to run. The weapon was never recovered, but 3 witnesses testified yesterday at the grand jury hearing and he testified on his own behalf. This is all new to me and I am very confused and bewildered by this whole thing. Monday he went to a hearing to answer charges on warrant. That was postponed until 9/24. If the grand jury indicts him what is the next step? His lawyer is a public defender and her caseload is overwhelming. It is very hard to reach her. Thank you :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">