• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Southbury, CT Illegal investigation/harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IanACinCT

Southbury, CT. I am currently going to court for some B.S. MV charges at Derby, CT GA5. When I was originally pulled over for driving under suspension the state police officer didn't link me up, she gave me a PTA but she scheduled my appearance on Columbus Day ( yeah... ) . Anyway, I recently moved from New Haven (not so good area) to Southbury (rich/rural), and I am acting as the primary caretaker for my 91 year old grandmother, and I love with her in her condo in a building occupied by mostly elderly retirees. When this CT state police officer realized she had given me a mistaken court date she also realized she didn't have my phone number but she DID have my address. Then she decided to take it upon herself to come to my house! I wasn't home so she asked one of my nice polite neighbors if they could let me in, which one of them obviously did (State Trooper in Uniform). So she saunters up to my floor with myself not my grandmother home, and she leaves her business card with a message on back which read " Ian Please Call Me - personal cell # ". So, I called her, she told me my court date had been pushed up a week, friendly, I knew she shouldn't be coming to my house but she had a reason, left a business card, whatever. Problem is I have a pretty extensive criminal record, I must however note that I have not committed a criminal offense since 2009. I am actually actively in sobriety, and by the grace of God I have over 4 years clean. Anyway, since I actually AM a good person, and help my elderly neighbors as much as I possibly can they quickly told me EVERYTHING that had transpired. It turns out while she was on private property without owners consent she also had a male officer with her who was outside (private condo property as well) asking tenants entering, and exiting my building "what kind of kid is he?", "have you guys noticed any problems?", "has anything suspicious gone on since he's been here?". Of course everyone answered he's a great kid, what is this about? Why are you here? Etc. Everyone he spoke to also promptly came to tell me about it, as well as offering any support I need. I know they both trespassed on my property as neither had spoken with building ownership, I know they ran my record, and I know they used this as an excuse for a little recon mission on the new felon in town. To me that constitutes harassment, profiling, etc. I have the female officer's name, badge ID, and PERSONAL cell # with records of a conversation while she had a pending case with me but I don't have the male officer she was with's name or shield. Now I'm going to call foul hard on this one, I'm wondering if I should go as far as harassment, and also what my best starting option would be. If anyone could give me a starting spot to make a complaint about this garbage I would really appreciate it. I feel my rights were infringed upon, and I could really use some pointers on how to advocate for myself here. Thank you to ANYONE who helps.

Silverplum

Southbury, CT. I am currently going to court for some B.S. MV charges at Derby, CT GA5. When I was originally pulled over for driving under suspension the state police officer didn't link me up, she gave me a PTA but she scheduled my appearance on Columbus Day ( yeah... ) . Anyway, I recently moved from New Haven (not so good area) to Southbury (rich/rural), and I am acting as the primary caretaker for my 91 year old grandmother, and I love with her in her condo in a building occupied by mostly elderly retirees. When this CT state police officer realized she had given me a mistaken court date she also realized she didn't have my phone number but she DID have my address. Then she decided to take it upon herself to come to my house! I wasn't home so she asked one of my nice polite neighbors if they could let me in, which one of them obviously did (State Trooper in Uniform). So she saunters up to my floor with myself not my grandmother home, and she leaves her business card with a message on back which read " Ian Please Call Me - personal cell # ". So, I called her, she told me my court date had been pushed up a week, friendly, I knew she shouldn't be coming to my house but she had a reason, left a business card, whatever. Problem is I have a pretty extensive criminal record, I must however note that I have not committed a criminal offense since 2009. I am actually actively in sobriety, and by the grace of God I have over 4 years clean. Anyway, since I actually AM a good person, and help my elderly neighbors as much as I possibly can they quickly told me EVERYTHING that had transpired. It turns out while she was on private property without owners consent she also had a male officer with her who was outside (private condo property as well) asking tenants entering, and exiting my building "what kind of kid is he?", "have you guys noticed any problems?", "has anything suspicious gone on since he's been here?". Of course everyone answered he's a great kid, what is this about? Why are you here? Etc. Everyone he spoke to also promptly came to tell me about it, as well as offering any support I need. I know they both trespassed on my property as neither had spoken with building ownership, I know they ran my record, and I know they used this as an excuse for a little recon mission on the new felon in town. To me that constitutes harassment, profiling, etc. I have the female officer's name, badge ID, and PERSONAL cell # with records of a conversation while she had a pending case with me but I don't have the male officer she was with's name or shield. Now I'm going to call foul hard on this one, I'm wondering if I should go as far as harassment, and also what my best starting option would be. If anyone could give me a starting spot to make a complaint about this garbage I would really appreciate it. I feel my rights were infringed upon, and I could really use some pointers on how to advocate for myself here. Thank you to ANYONE who helps.
I think you're overreacting and also incorrect about what you "know" the police may and may not do. I'd move on with my life.

Eekamouse

LOL! Are you serious?

justalayman

There was no trespass and nothing else they did was improper. I suggest you stay on the wagon and continue stay out of trouble. Since the cops didn't do anything wrong may just get them overly interested in you and your activities.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
With Connecticut tickets the instructions specifically state that the answer date is based upon whatever calculation and it doesn't matter if the date falls on a holiday.

I don't know how the courts deal with this but that's the way it is. So your assumption that the trooper made an error is probably not correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">