• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Special/Federal Agents came to my house..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

burlydan

Georgia

Two special agents and one federal agent showed up at my apartment in late May of this year. They immediatly pulled me outside and told me they had "reports" that drugs were being sold out of this house. I told them that I did not know anything about that. They proceeded to tell me that they knew I was a drug dealer. They asked me if anyone was inside the apartment and I told them my girlfriend. While she was stepping outside one of the special agents pushed me aside and started looking into my living room. I immediatly closed the door and asked them if they had a search warrant. They told me no and asked if they could come inside to look around.

I told one of them they could come inside and take a look around, but that I was going to watch him since they did not have a search warrant. He walked in every room and walked outside. He then told me that I was a drug dealer and that he knew it, because he saw an empty ziploc sandwich bag on the floor.

They then asked me to let them search the house. I told them they were federal and state agents and they know my rights. I told them they were not allowed to search my house, because they did not have a search warrant. They then told one of the guys to go get a warrant to search the house. I tried to go back inside and they said they were going to imprison me on my porch until he came back with the warrant. I told them I had to go to class and if I missed this day I would fail, because of attendance. They told me I must think they are stupid.

They told me that if I had a misdemeanor's worth of weed they wouldn't take me to jail (yeah right). He then asked if I wanted that in writing and began to scribble something on the back of a receipt. I ended up letting them inside the apartment, because I'm on probation in another county 200 miles away(which they didn't know about).

They proceeded to search the house, closing the doors to the rooms they were searching. They did not allow me to watch them search. They told me they were going to haul me off to jail that minute if I did not sign a form letting them search the house( I realize this was probably BS, but at the same time there was a federal agent in my house.. people go missing and never show up again when people like that are around).

They went through my roomate's belongings and found a glass pipe, a bong, a scale, and a misdemeanor's worth of marijuana. Each time they found something they would bring it out of a closed room(wearing no gloves) and then re-enter the room. I do not know if they were planting these things or if they were hidden in my roomate's belongings.

They ended up finding my roomate's safe and upon opening it they found a stick of deodorant. After that, the two state agents gave me their cards and told me they would call me in a week and that I was going to have to tell them the name of a drug dealer nearby. I attempted to get the federal agents information and they refused to give it to me. It has been about a month and a half now and they have started calling my girlfriend up and harassing her telling her they are going to put a warrant out for her arrest if she doesn't give them the name of a drug dealer.

Oh.. and they did not charge me with anything the day they came to my apartment and I have yet to get any charges. Sorry that this is ridiculously long, but I would appreciate any advice.

tranquility

Don't say anything wihout consulting an attorney. Don't let them search again. Don't let them in your house. If they knock on your door, don't answer.

Just Blue

My advice...get off the dope and stop selling it too!
On a side note, your paranoid delusions about the police are pretty scary too!
Does it seem a little absurd to anyone else here that 3 FEDERAL Law Enforcement Agents came to this guy house without a warrant?? Like OP is leaving out some relevant back round to this story or he is full of "it"??;)

outonbail

The claim that the federal agent would not provide him with his information, sure seems suspicious.
I don't know if he is saying that this agent didn't actually show him any credentials or that he wouldn't leave him a business card when they left.

But now they are shifting their suspicions to his girlfriend?

Is the girlfriend also the roommate who had the glass pipe, bong, scale, and marijuana?

Who buys a safe to keep their deodorant stick locked up? Has it been turning up missing when it's placed in the medicine cabinet or on a shelf in the bathroom, or is that where he/she keeps the pipes, scale and marijuana?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">