• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speedy Disposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AnotherFather

What is the name of your state? missouri

I am curious about the term “speedy disposition”. In the Missouri constitution it says victim’s in cases have a right to speedy disposition also.

We have a felony case scheduled, and our case is number two on the list. The one prior to us is for burglary which was started after the man in our case was charged. If ours does not go through, it may be yet another long year before it will be heard.

Would it be ridiculous of me to request that the prosecutor consider our case first? Possibly reference the Missouri’s constitution? I do not want to be insulting or anything… we just want this over with. Two years is a long time for young victims and witnesses wanting to move on with their lives.

Thank you for any advice.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">