• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spitting in someone´s mouth..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bushido93

If someone who never comitted a crime before would get a ticket for spitting in an paramedic´s mouth while being under the influence of drugs... What would be realistic fine if that person would plead guilty? The prosecutor said it could be up to 6 month in jail and/or 500 dollars assault charge. Is it really possible to go to jail for that?

Thanks for your help

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If someone wants to post hypothetical questions someone should not ignore the instructions and leave out the STATE the incident took place in.

:rolleyes:

ecmst12

I think it's safe to say, even in the absence of significant information here, that the answer is YES. And also, gross.

racer72

I knew of someone that was arrested and convicted of assault for spitting on someone. That was on, not in.

Just Blue

If someone who never comitted a crime before would get a ticket for spitting in an paramedic´s mouth while being under the influence of drugs... What would be realistic fine if that person would plead guilty? The prosecutor said it could be up to 6 month in jail and/or 500 dollars assault charge. Is it really possible to go to jail for that?

Thanks for your help
Fine?

That "someone" if living in the US, better hope that "someone" didn't pass on a nasty to the medic that was trying to HELP "someone".

I see an assult charge for "someone".

single317dad

I knew of someone that was arrested and convicted of assault for spitting on someone. That was on, not in.
A former acquaintance of mine spit on (not in) a police officer's face (while drunk and high), and between assault on LE and probation violation she did 18 months in county.

Should have gotten longer, if you ask me.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A former acquaintance of mine spit on (not in) a police officer's face (while drunk and high), and between assault on LE and probation violation she did 18 months in county.

Should have gotten longer, if you ask me.
On a similar note - I witnessed a person who was in custody (cuffs) and they were telling him they were going to let him go and were moving to release him when he spat on the deputy's shoe. Needless to say, the cuffs stayed on all the way to the sheriff station.

HighwayMan

Just goes to show state matters. In New York that's not an assault but rather Harassment. Only a violation.

HighwayMan

Aren't second degree aggravated harassment and third degree assault similar crimes and both class A misdemeanors? Or am I misreading something?
Firstly, it is not Aggravated Harassment.

Secondly, Harassment and Assault are two different types of offenses. Any assault requires physical injury.

Ladyback1

Thanks for your help

Really? Spit at the medics who are trying to help you? (and the whole "I was on drugs" excuse does not cut it)

Yes, it's a crime. Yes, you could very well go to jail.

God forbid the "spitter" has some sort of contagious disease....and if the spitter knew he/she had the contagion and spit anyway? Well, then you would be looking at whole different scenario.

Good Grief! Most medics bust their hineys to take care of people. They, like cops and firefighters, go where others fear to tread!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">