• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spyware

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Medusee

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

Ok this is a bit complicated but I am hoping someone can help me!

I am divorcing my husband and the divorce has been ongoing since June 2005. The reasons are: physical violence against my daughter and I, harassement, excessive jealousy (totally insane for no reason)...

My futur ex-husband is an extremely jealous person and the whole time we were married he was constantly spying on me, questioning me, looking through my handbag and drawers. He never found anything because there was nothing to find. I actually managed to talk him into seeing a psy after he went way over board once. But I couldn't take it anymore and we decided to separate. He was to move out and see a doctor and we would reevaluate our situation in 6 months. When he moved out he moved in with his mistress (and I almost had a heart attack I had NO IDEA). In fact while he was driving me crazy with his jealousy he actually had another woman. So I filed for divorce which drove him completely MAD! And he became irrational. He broke into my office in United Nations where I work and installed EBlaster from Spector soft on my professional computer. Of course I have filed police charges against him.

However the way the law is here I need to come up with the poofs that he has done this. Spector Soft told me that I can get a supeona and they will hand over all the proof that he was spying on me for months and receiving the reports in his email. I kind of put this on the back burner it seemed toooooo complicated, being in Switzerland and all.

But guess what! He has now broken up with his mistress for the same reasons as I and he also broke into to her office (she works for a hospital) and installed the same brand of spyware on her computer! She has filed charges against him and she is now in my situation! She has apologized to me for her behaviour and well we are not friends but we have the same goal STOPPING HIM from harming any one else.

How can I go about getting a suspeona so that this company will give both of us the information we need. I have very small proofs... He left his email open and I printed out 2 copies of the email activity reports he was receiving about me. WE also have the credit card bill where the transaction appears that he bought this software...:confused:

racer72

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

Ok this is a bit complicated but I am hoping someone can help me!

I am divorcing my husband and the divorce has been ongoing since June 2005. The reasons are: physical violence against my daughter and I, harassement, excessive jealousy (totally insane for no reason)...

My futur ex-husband is an extremely jealous person and the whole time we were married he was constantly spying on me, questioning me, looking through my handbag and drawers. He never found anything because there was nothing to find. I actually managed to talk him into seeing a psy after he went way over board once. But I couldn't take it anymore and we decided to separate. He was to move out and see a doctor and we would reevaluate our situation in 6 months. When he moved out he moved in with his mistress (and I almost had a heart attack I had NO IDEA). In fact while he was driving me crazy with his jealousy he actually had another woman. So I filed for divorce which drove him completely MAD! And he became irrational. He broke into my office in United Nations where I work and installed EBlaster from Spector soft on my professional computer. Of course I have filed police charges against him.

However the way the law is here I need to come up with the poofs that he has done this. Spector Soft told me that I can get a supeona and they will hand over all the proof that he was spying on me for months and receiving the reports in his email. I kind of put this on the back burner it seemed toooooo complicated, being in Switzerland and all.

But guess what! He has now broken up with his mistress for the same reasons as I and he also broke into to her office (she works for a hospital) and installed the same brand of spyware on her computer! She has filed charges against him and she is now in my situation! She has apologized to me for her behaviour and well we are not friends but we have the same goal STOPPING HIM from harming any one else.

How can I go about getting a suspeona so that this company will give both of us the information we need. I have very small proofs... He left his email open and I printed out 2 copies of the email activity reports he was receiving about me. WE also have the credit card bill where the transaction appears that he bought this software...:confused:
The owners of the computers, not you or the mistress, are the parties that need to get the subpeonas. Contact your computing security group asap.

Medusee

Actually in order to get access to my professional password he first put the spyware on my personal PC! Because I often work from home so I log on to my office network, that is how he got first access.

He did the same thing to his girlfriend, installed it on her personal PC then her professional one.

So normally we could both ask for a this supeona.

BUT HOW do I go about asking for one?

TxInCo

Be careful

Hi. Sorry about what you are going through. I don't want to state the obvious, but... be careful! You have to ask yourself, "What is his motivation for spying on you when it is obvious your relationship is over?" Sounds like you have a sicko on your hands! We don't want you to become tomorrow's tragic news! Good luck in resolving this mess.

Medusee

Thank you TxInCo!
You are right he is really ill! I hesitating in saying that because it seems like everyone who gets divorced states that their EXs are sickos but in my case I have been going through almost a 3 year nightmare. He comes around the house at night, I have had an alarm installed in my house and I am in the process of putting up big gates. The problem is that here in France the concept of "restraining orders" doesn't really exist! So he has been harassing me since he left! He attacked my daughter who is 17, one day when she was coming home from school and he knew I was going to be absent. When she started crying and screaming he opened his fly and told her to suck his .... (well you know).
Any way the neighbours came to her rescue and there are witnesses but he still got away with it the judge said there was not enough evidence .... whatever that means not even a trial! :mad: In 2 years I have had to call the police 17 times to come and get ride of him from around my house.

His mistress is in the same boat he has been harassing her for about 10 months now... When I think that 2 years ago she didn't believe me when I told her.

Anyway I really need to get evidence that he installed that spyware because if I do he will get fired from his job (he works for the International Telecommunications Union) because it is going to be a huge embarassement for them to have one of their employes condamned for this. If he is fired he will have to leave Switzerland because he is a diplomate and he will loose his diplomatic status and be kick out of the country.... And my kids and I will finally be safe!

Medusee

We both live in Europe! The spyware was bought via Internet from an American company based in Florida.

When I called this company and told them what he had done they said that in case of illegal installation on a computer they would cooperate fully and hand over all the information I will need to convict him. But I need a Subpoena.

How do I get a Subpoena? :confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
We both live in Europe! The spyware was bought via Internet from an American company based in Florida.

When I called this company and told them what he had done they said that in case of illegal installation on a computer they would cooperate fully and hand over all the information I will need to convict him. But I need a Subpoena.

How do I get a Subpoena? :confused:

US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Medusee

YES I KNOW IT IS US LAW!

I am an american ex-pat, working in Geneva Switzerland for the United Nations. Legally I live both in Switzerland and in the US.

My problem is that the company from which my futur ex-husband bought the spyware is American based in Florida. So in order to get the information I need from this company I need to get a subpeona in the US to get that company to give me, my lawyer the the information I need to prouve he was really spying on his girlfriend and on me for months!

So can anyone tell me how can I via mail maybe (although I am willing to get on a plane and fly to florida if necessary) can I get a subpeona? I don't know the first thing about how to do this.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your lawyer would need to handle this. You have no case pending in the United States. Even if you hopped on a plane, you would have no case here.

This is a matter for the local (to you) authorities to handle. Your lawyer there should be able to issue whatever subpoena (or equivalent) document needs to be issued. It does not matter if you live both here and there. The problem you are having occurred THERE.

CJane

I wanna know how he broke into an office at the UN, accessed an employee's computer at a time when the Employee was not 'on the clock', installed software like this, and got out and he isn't facing charges for the B/E, the tampering, etc.

Also... I have better security than that on my HOME computer. Is it totally naive to think that the UN would be a little more difficult to 'hack'?

Medusee

Well we have badges that give us access to side doors and he took my badges from my handbag, that was easy, told me he was going out to take something over to a friend ... that part was easy.

The thing is I am an IT project manager so my computer is in the IT section and my password has the highest level of access possible. So once he got my password off my home computer he had maximum rights!

And last but not least I was very STUPID my first reaction was to cover up what he did because I freaked out when I figured it out and was afraid that I would get in trouble in the office! So I erased some stuff from my computer then after talking confidential with our ombudsperson decided to come clean and go see my director, the thing is that the office only has my word against his because I was a silly tarte and cleaned up his felony! In fact my boss told me that actually they could have pressed charges against me for covering it up but they won't and it has all been recorded... :eek:

But his girlfriend who knew about my story and didn't believe the love of her life could do that kind of thing, and did not believe me until it happened to her.... She didn't do any covering up she totally blew the whistle so now between my case and hers I hope he will be condamned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">