• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hardtimesinMO

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri

someone told me that only the lawyer the person accused the accuser and their lawyer are the only people besides the court who can read statements that people have made about a situation is this true?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What kind of statement are you talking about exactly?

Many times statements are taken by the police and they would be part of the evidence presented by the prosecution in a criminal case.

dave33

Anything is possible (I suppose), but it sounds very unlikely. I think more than likely whoever made a statement does not want you to see it. Of course I have no idea of the situation and there may be some special court order imposed that makes some elements of this case not open to the public. You will need to supply more info. to get a more informed answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">