• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitations for theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cid2005

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

A year ago I was accused of taking a piece of used equipment valued over $10,000. I thought I had been given permission but found out later I had not. The owner told me he thought I should be punished. He had soon afterward gotten the equipment back. I have not heard from the police again now for over a year. Back then they just told me they were investigating and would make a decision if to press charges or not. What is the normal time duration to bring charges or statue of limitations on this sort of thing?

Thank you for your help.

TYRIS

cid2005 said:
What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

A year ago I was accused of taking a piece of used equipment valued over $10,000. I thought I had been given permission but found out later I had not. The owner told me he thought I should be punished. He had soon afterward gotten the equipment back. I have not heard from the police again now for over a year. Back then they just told me they were investigating and would make a decision if to press charges or not. What is the normal time duration to bring charges or statue of limitations on this sort of thing?

Thank you for your help.

-Statute of limitations differ in each state. Call the police department and contact the Officer in charge of your case. They should tell you if the case was filed or not. You can also contact the District Attorney's Office. They will tell you if charges have been files against you.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">