• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute limit. of misde. warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

musickid4

What is the name of your state? NE i have a misdemeanor warrant out for me from 1999. I left NE & am thinking of returning & am wondering if that warrant is still there. I can't find the statute of limitations on any website. I've been told it's 7 years but I've also heard that's on felony warrants. Can anyone tell me the limitation of a misdemeanor warrant, PLEASE????

JETX

"i have a misdemeanor warrant out for me from 1999. I left NE & am thinking of returning & am wondering if that warrant is still there."
*** Good news!! Yep, it is still there and waiting for you. Once charges have been filed and warrant issued, it doesn't expire.

I will add though.... depending on the exact charge, it may be unlikely for the prosecutor to try the case due to witness memories, etc.

Last edited:
D

Darky

Replying to this topic

if its a misdemeanor, and he lives like 1 state away, how likely is it that they will extradicte him back to that state where the warranty is open based on a misdemeanor charge?

is it varying among state to state?

Curious

JETX

"how likely is it that they will extradicte him back to that state where the warranty is open based on a misdemeanor charge?"
*** In reality, it is somewhat unlikely that the local prosecutor or police would expend the cost (direct and indirect) to expedite. However, that would not make the charge disappear, but would only allow the detaining authority to release the subject. Then, with the outstanding warrant still 'in play', he could be subject to re-arrest again later. Eventually, the subject would get the hint that it is best for him to go back and resolve the matter (since each arrest would likely involve additional local costs and inconvenience.

HomeGuru

Re: Replying to this topic

Darky said:
if its a misdemeanor, and he lives like 1 state away, how likely is it that they will extradicte him back to that state where the warranty is open based on a misdemeanor charge?

is it varying among state to state?

Curious

**A: under the states Reciprocity Act with respect to extradition, he would be arrested in whatever state he was in and transported back to his 'home" state. Concerning your "warranty is open" question, he would be residing in a nice cell under the waranty of habitabilty and fitness for a particular purpose warranty doctrine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">