• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ashey_152003

What is the name of your state? MISSOURI

my mom wanted me to ask a question.... she wanted to know about "statute of limitations" like how long they can prosocute you for something. I'm not really sure. All I know is almost 7 years ago, she was at the police station (her bf and beat her up and she hit him also) and a cop was "being mean" to her, so she broke the police telephone. she wanted to know how long you can have a warrant for something like that. thanks!

JETX

Does she know if she was charged with any crime for her antics?? If charged and not tried, then the warrant could still be out there with no 'expiration'. If not charged, then no warrant.

K

KeyLegal

In the State of Missouri, the statute of limitations on a case of this nature, it would be three years. If a warrant was issued, it would theoretically remain in effect until the person were arrested. In reality, warrants for relatively minor offenses are cancelled and forgotten after a couple of years if the subject is unavailable.

JETX

Wow, Keylegal, you must certainly put Miss Cleo to the test!!

You said, "In the State of Missouri, the statute of limitations on a case of this nature, it would be three years", yet you have NO IDEA what the charge might be. Do you even realize that different charges have different SOL's???

You can offer a SOL statement WITHOUT even knowing what the charge might be!!!

So, as before, please provide SOME support for your opinion that the SOL for this UNKNOWN charge is 3 years.

ashey_152003, the CORRECT answer to your post is as I stated in my reply. I will add one more thing though.... If she was NOT charged, then there would be a statute of limitations that would stipulate the timeframe that charges could be brought.... and that SOL clock depends on the charges being considered.

Last edited:
K

KeyLegal

Hey Stupid! The post gives a very clear answer to what the charge would be in Missouri - destruction of public property.

Go find your glasses and shut up!

JETX

If you had ANY experience in law or police work, you would know that ANY criminal action could be charged with multiple crimes... depending on the cirumstances. For example, the only thing that we know in this case is a claim that "she broke the police telephone".

I can very quickly come up with LOTS of possible charges:
§574.010 - Peace disturbance
§536.030- Obstructing government Operations
or even assault if the phone was used to threaten someone.

Simply, you are a dolt and need to go back to your correspondence PI course!!
Please, if you do NOT know, don't respond. If you continue to offer incorrect or blatantly wrong posts, you will be removed from the forum. Your choice.

K

KeyLegal

Halket, I am truly sorry you have such a terrible reading and comprehension problem, but please go beat your dog, not me.

And, I'll make a deal with you, I promise not to post to any more of your replies if you promise to go see an eye doctor.

JETX

I'll make a deal with YOU.... you stop posting inane, useless, error-filled posts that have NO basis in law and that are more hurtful than helpful, and I won't have to try to correct them.

Sounds like an 'all win'situation to me. The writers to the forum win since they won't get your non-legal posts, you win because you won't show your ignorance to the world, and I win since I won't have to spend time trying to undo your actions and trying to talk to a stump.

Deal done... thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">