• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations for Probations Violations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MJ42099

What is the name of your state? :NC

I was wrongly convicted for felony bank card theft and bank card fraud in 1993. I was sentenced to 1 year in womens correctional - but this was suspended in lieu of 50 hours community service, 3 years supervised probation and $2000.00 in fines and costs. I attended ONE probation meeting in which I told the probation officer that I did not commit the crimes, I wasn't going to pay the fines, and I wasn't coming back for any additional probation sessions. Then I left and never went back again. I never heard from ANYONE via phone,mail or other. I have received traffic tickets for things such as speeding and safety belt violations since the conviction, I have paid taxes, etc., but I have never been approched for arrest or anything in regards to probation violation. My questions are: Do they issue a warrant for arrest if you violate probation? If so - is there a statute of limitations for an arrest warrant or anything having to do with violation of probation? (This is in the state of North Carolina) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BelizeBreeze

Do they issue a warrant for arrest if you violate probation?
Yes.

If so - is there a statute of limitations for an arrest warrant or anything having to do with violation of probation?
No

Question NOT ASKED:
What can happen to me if caught?
you'll be shipped back to North Carolina to serve out the remainder of your sentence.

CASE CLOSED!

M

MJ42099

Was that a human response or a computer generated one? I am intelligent enough to know what will happen to me if they come after me! BTW - I lived in the same city fo at least 8 years after the incident - so that very well could have easily found me and taken me in. I can only thank God that hasn't happened - He has a plan.

BelizeBreeze

MJ42099 said:
Was that a human response or a computer generated one? I am intelligent enough to know what will happen to me if they come after me! BTW - I lived in the same city fo at least 8 years after the incident - so that very well could have easily found me and taken me in. I can only thank God that hasn't happened - He has a plan.
Oh brother! :rolleyes:

CdwJava

If they were / are going to do anything, there will be an arrest warrant out for you. The fact that they have not yet served it on you just says that you haven't been worth the effort ... yet.

Good luck. This thing might still be hanging over you. Or, you could be one lucky person.

- Carl

M

MJ42099

CdwJava -

Thank you for you honest and helpful response.

Is it possible to find out IF there is a warrant out for me and if so how would I go about it?

CdwJava

Call the county court, the sheriff's department, or the probation office and they could probably tell you. But, they also may not provide that information without cause, so you may not find out anything.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">