• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brittany725

What is the name of your state? Florida

Im 14 and my boyfriend is 19..i just had our baby girl! and nothing had been brought up in the hospital or anywhere about sttutory rape until i just really though about it...can my boyfriend go to jail for statutory rape if my parents dont press chrges...I had lied to him bout my age..so he thought i was of age..he lives with us and the baby now..and my parents dont want to press charges..cn he go to jail..like the cops just come and pick him up?

Happy Trails

Brittany725 said:

Im 14 and my boyfriend is 19..i just had our baby girl! and nothing had been brought up in the hospital or anywhere about sttutory rape until i just really though about it...can my boyfriend go to jail for statutory rape if my parents dont press chrges...I had lied to him bout my age..so he thought i was of age..he lives with us and the baby now..and my parents dont want to press charges..cn he go to jail..like the cops just come and pick him up?
Anyone can report him.

So how old did he think you were? Not that it matters because that is not a defense.

From Florida statutes 800.04 Lewd or lascivious offenses committed upon or in the presence of persons less than 16 years of age.--

3) IGNORANCE OR BELIEF OF VICTIM'S AGE.--The perpetrator's ignorance of the victim's age, the victim's misrepresentation of his or her age, or the perpetrator's bona fide belief of the victim's age cannot be raised as a defense in a prosecution under this section.

Lewd or lascivious conduct is a felony of the second degree, punishable by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 15 years and/or a fine not exceeding $10,000.

Just Blue

Brittany725 said:

Yes...he can! Your parents may not want to cause problems given the situation, (although why they would have him in the house is strange),but someone else could be concerned and report it. Why is he living there?
CPS could be called into play here because your parents are displaying questionable behavior.

Maxthedog

It sounds like he should be picked up and put on the sex offender list in your state. Your parents are part of the problem to me. It sounds like they believe it is OK for a 14 year old to play house with an adult. They should also be charged with stupidity.
Do yourself a favor young lady. Go to school, take care of your child (don't rely on us taxpayers to do it for you), and for God's sake keep your legs closed.

Wolflmg

Man this is sad. 14 and mom, my kid sister will be 14 and I can't even imagine her being a mom at that age, Just think when your kid's 14 you'll be 28, normally the age most girl have a good career going on and starting thinking of a family.

Your bf should be picked up and put in jail for what he did. Your parents should be somewhat held responsible for allowing you to date an adult. And I think the best thing for you and your child would be for you to place your child up for adoption either in a closed or open adoption.

You still just a kid yourself, you are no way ready to be raising one. You have high school ahead of you. Do you know how diffiicult it will be for you to raise a child.

Man you people really give the worst advice I have ever seen. The girl is only 14 and the last thing she needs is to be pounced upon and berated and have her parents insulted. This site seems less like an advice forum and more like a realm of condemnation with every thread that I read. You condemn the behavior that has occurred that led to her being a parent because she is only a "child", yet you are speaking to her as if she is an adult. If she is a child, then talk to her like one. I'm sure any kid would be pretty upset if you suggest to her that she should be put up for adoption.

As far as for advice to Brittany, I suggest that you end your sexual relationship with him and have him move out, as every second he is with you endangers both his and your parents future. If he was unaware of your age at the time, he is aware now, and yet the relationship continues. I would not cut him off, as the child needs a father, but you cannot be anything more than friends at this point. If you insist on staying sexually involved, think about what will happen to him and your parents. He will surely resist and and try to talk you out of it, but it's a step that must be taken. Yes he can go to jail at any time.

pastortroy

What warrantseeker said is good advice, most likely charges won't be filed unless you or your parents brings up the issue with police, the best bet is have your boyfriend move out like warrantseeker said, and give your child up for adoption. My friend got charged with 3rd degree sexual assault in the state of wisconsin when he was 17, because he "fooled around" with a girl. Didn't have sex with her but the statute says that anyone 15 and under cannot consent to sex or any other type of intimate relations such as kissing and stuff. And anyone 16 and older is considered an "adult" with these crimes. Well she got mad at him for not keeping the relationship, about 3 months later reported him to police. And at that time she was dating a 19 year old man. The police knew that but since she didn't report him for anything nothing was done. Most likely in this situation the police will not bring charges unless you or your family brings them. Most of the time it will be added headache and paperwork, and the police won't bother unless an issue is made. Honestly realtionships occur all the time in highschool where one person is 16 or 17 and they're dating a 15 year old. Technically that is considered sexual asault, but are charges persued? the answer is no, you don't see the police going out and trying to get people for having realtionships like this, when they are well aware that it is going on. Anyways my friend got screwed over big time, only served 4 months huber but is on probation for 4 more years and is a registered sex offender until he is 39. Laws like this are so bull****, another way the government wastes time and money when they should be going after more serious crimes that occur.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">