• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutory Sexual Seduction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmieb86

What is the name of your state? Nevada. My son was 18 when he got his girlfriend age 14 pregnant. He is now 19, she's 15. To make everything worse, this girl was his stepsister for a year or so. They are both truly in love. When her mom found out she was pregnant, she reported my son to the police. The mom tried to drop charges, but Nevada will not. There's a criminal felony warrant for his arrest for 'statutory sexual sedution with a sibling'. It is a felony because she's considered a sibling. My son wants to marry his first love (and only sexual partner). Mom won't allow it. What will happen to him legally now that there's a baby involved? Should he wait until she turns 18, marry her, and turn himself in? If he turns himself in now, he will (at the very least) get probation and the court might tell him he cannot be near her until she's 18 or 21....he would violate this probation because he just wants to be with his new family and take responsibility and love them. They are inseperable and he's in trouble.

BelizeBreeze

kimmieb86 said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada. My son was 18 when he got his girlfriend age 14 pregnant. He is now 19, she's 15. To make everything worse, this girl was his stepsister for a year or so. They are both truly in love. When her mom found out she was pregnant, she reported my son to the police. The mom tried to drop charges, but Nevada will not. There's a criminal felony warrant for his arrest for 'statutory sexual sedution with a sibling'. It is a felony because she's considered a sibling. My son wants to marry his first love (and only sexual partner). Mom won't allow it. What will happen to him legally now that there's a baby involved? Should he wait until she turns 18, marry her, and turn himself in? If he turns himself in now, he will (at the very least) get probation and the court might tell him he cannot be near her until she's 18 or 21....he would violate this probation because he just wants to be with his new family and take responsibility and love them. They are inseperable and he's in trouble.
If you think he's going to get probation for a felony, you're seriously deluded.

§ 201-230 Lewdness with Child under 14 Any person who engages in a lewd act with the body of a person under 14 years old with the intent to arouse. (Category A Felony).

Say goodbye to sonny boy.

kimmieb86

Belize, I said at 'the very least' probation....and she is was not 'under' the age of 14. Thanks for your encouragement.

BelizeBreeze

kimmieb86 said:
Belize, I said at 'the very least' probation....and she is was not 'under' the age of 14. Thanks for your encouragement.
She was when the crime occurred. That is all that the State needs to file the case.

kimmieb86

Happy Trails said:
Hopefully the parents will get charged for allowing this.
Yeah, the parents were in denial. My son disrespected his dad and her mom. But, I hope the courts will show some mercy on everyone, a child is a blessing either way...thanks. kb

BelizeBreeze

kimmieb86 said:
Yeah, the parents were in denial. My son disrespected his dad and her mom. But, I hope the courts will show some mercy on everyone, a child is a blessing either way...thanks. kb
HT was also talking about you. Obviously you haven't watched the news on TV lately. Your son's case is being played out in Oklahoma right now, with the male facing 15 years in prison and they are recently married.

kimmieb86

BelizeBreeze said:
She was when the crime occurred. That is all that the State needs to file the case.
Doesn't under mean below or less than, not including. Saying goodbye to sonny boy' isn't going to help raise his true love and his new baby.

CdwJava

kimmieb86 said:
Should he wait until she turns 18, marry her, and turn himself in? If he turns himself in now, he will (at the very least) get probation and the court might tell him he cannot be near her until she's 18 or 21....he would violate this probation because he just wants to be with his new family and take responsibility and love them. They are inseperable and he's in trouble.
So ... he's a wanted felon, he still communicates with you, and he feels safe enough to remain on the lam until she turns 18? What makes him think he can stay hidden for 3 more years?

Of course, staying underground and concealed with a parent's help does NOT make the charge go away even if they DO get married in a few years.

- Carl

Shay-Pari'e

kimmieb86 said:
I think you are in denial if you think your son having sex with a child (who happened to be a step sister) is a blessing.

BelizeBreeze

kimmieb86 said:
Doesn't under mean below or less than, not including. Saying goodbye to sonny boy' isn't going to help raise his true love and his new baby.
lady, grow up. Not only is your son a felon fleeing prosecution (see the post below) but since you have been in contact with him and have knowledge of his actions you can ALSO be charged with hindering prosecution and assisting a fugative.

It's time for a REALITY check ....

Happy Trails

kimmieb86 said:
You won't find anybody here that would encourage this type of behavior.

The child at the age of fourteen does not know what true love is. That is why your congressmen set up laws to protect children.

Something the parents failed to do. :rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

And please stop it with the "TRUE LOVE" crap. Your son had sex with a child., that makes him a child molester and a rapist.

Wake up mom.

kimmieb86

Well, I can say I support my son, I'm his mom, that's what mom's do. I support my future daughter-in-law and I love my grandbaby. If she's old enough to have a baby she's not a child. I will continue to have faith in God, He has more control than any court system.

BelizeBreeze

kimmieb86 said:
Well, I can say I support my son, I'm his mom, that's what mom's do. I support my future daughter-in-law and I love my grandbaby. If she's old enough to have a baby she's not a child. I will continue to have faith in God, He has more control than any court system.
And you belong in jail right along side of him. Get the hell off this forum and go talk to an attorney. You are going to need one for YOURSELF real soon.

For anyone else reading this, the next time you need a definition of WHITE TRASH this is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">