• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stealing money from husbants savings account when not authorized

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole84

My mother in law some how got the bank to access 17000 $ from a savings account her separated husband opened after separated and she is not on account !!! The year before she spent 20000 of line of credit that was then frozen by husband . She is on parole at the moment . Her husband gives her 800 a month of support and extra funds if needed. She also is being investigated for tax evasion for 12 years of unfilled taxes and they have threaten to garnish her wages and that's why she is hiding the cash instead of a traceable bank account . How much legal trouble is she in ??? I think she will go to jail but she thinks it's funny and the banks fault for giving her the money and won't be charged . Won't the bank charge her ?she lives in Ontario Canada

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
In case you missed it (and you apparently DID) this forum is for US law only.

Even if it wasn't, no one here has a crystal ball with which to predict the future or the outcome of a particular court case.

quincy

My mother in law some how got the bank to access 17000 $ from a savings account her separated husband opened after separated and she is not on account !!! The year before she spent 20000 of line of credit that was then frozen by husband . She is on parole at the moment . Her husband gives her 800 a month of support and extra funds if needed. She also is being investigated for tax evasion for 12 years of unfilled taxes and they have threaten to garnish her wages and that's why she is hiding the cash instead of a traceable bank account . How much legal trouble is she in ??? I think she will go to jail but she thinks it's funny and the banks fault for giving her the money and won't be charged . Won't the bank charge her ?she lives in Ontario Canada
If she lives in Ontario, Canada, the laws of Ontario, Canada, apply to her. A US forum will be of no use to her, or to you, in getting questions answered. This does not really seem to be any of your business as daughter-in-law, though.

latigo

Until the depositor complains the bank isn't going to do a blessed thing.

Are you so naïve as to think that the bank would take the risk of facing a lawsuit for malicious prosecution by instigating criminal charges against the wife without the cooperation of her husband? Besides what makes you believe the savings account was his sole and separate property and not marital?

Furthermore, your dog isn't in this fight! Whether the transactions occurred in Canada, Sri Lanka or on the moon it isn't any of your nosy business!

And if I were you, I'd be a little more circumspect about accusing her or any one else of "stealing"!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">