• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sticky Fingers...Will Charges Stick?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SUSIEQ502

What is the name of your state? California
A home was broken into a week after it caught on fire and was vacant by my ex husband. Due to a lack of evidence, he was never charged with this crime. Recently, he was charged with another burglary and possession of a firearm. He is not on parole, though he does have prior prison time. The owner of the house that burned found out where he had stashed one of her items, and the police went to the residence and got it back. He claimed to know nothing of the item when questioned following the initial break-in, now claims he was storing it for a friend. What are the chances that he will be charged for the crime? He is out on bail with four felony counts already...what kind of sentencing could he receive?

racer72

Possession of stolen property is still a crime. Either he tells who stole it or he will be charged for that too.

Sticky Fingers...Will Charges Stick?
WOW!...OK (if you are refering to me), Somehow I guess with my FA screen name you think I might have some prior knowledge or maybe have delt with burglary or larceny. Sorry to dissapoint you but I do not and have not.

I received this nic-name when I was a toddler. I was into everything. This nic-name has 'stuck' with me and I use it also as a CB handle.

I am not an attorney. I will leave your questions to those who could answer it far better than I can.

SUSIEQ502

Yes. I guess he has four felony counts; possession of stolen property, possession of firearm, commiting a felony while on bail, petty theft with a prior.

calatty

There is no typical sentence. It depends on many things:whether he is offered a plea bargain and what the terms are, whether he is being charged with enhancements for prior convictions, whether he is given the low, mid, or upper term, whether the crimes are sentenced concurrently or consecutively, what his prior record looks like.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">