• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stole money from a huge company...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Krislow123

I stole money from work, for a huge company.?
I've been talked too, signed confession, and being investigated. Haven't been fired yet ( and I know I will)

I know what I did was stupid, but when they don't pay enough and you're struggling...I stole 20 here and there for a few hard months. Racked up about 600 dollars aND honestly I don't know what's going to happen next.

It was a huge mistake and I know it's wrong but I needed money occasionally for food...gas to get home. Etc. Etc.

Didn't make it right, but what is going to happen? Is my mom (who also work for the company as well) get fired? I asked my manager who was the witness to the investigation she said that my mom job is safe and I don't have to worry (she truly pitty me)

Will I get charged? 600 is grand theft. But they seem to be sympathy. I will pay everything back...but I still don't know what's going on.

I've felt so bad that for the past few days I'm having suicidal thoughts. I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

Proserpina

I've been talked too, signed confession, and being investigated. Haven't been fired yet ( and I know I will)

I know what I did was stupid, but when they don't pay enough and you're struggling...I stole 20 here and there for a few hard months. Racked up about 600 dollars aND honestly I don't know what's going to happen next.

It was a huge mistake and I know it's wrong but I needed money occasionally for food...gas to get home. Etc. Etc.

Didn't make it right, but what is going to happen? Is my mom (who also work for the company as well) get fired? I asked my manager who was the witness to the investigation she said that my mom job is safe and I don't have to worry (she truly pitty me)

Will I get charged? 600 is grand theft. But they seem to be sympathy. I will pay everything back...but I still don't know what's going on.

I've felt so bad that for the past few days I'm having suicidal thoughts. I don't know what to do anymore. Please help.
This applies in the US:

Nobody here can answer whether or not you'll be charged. That's solely up to the DA. If you are charged, speak to your attorney immediately.

Just Blue

Hopefully, in what ever US State this was in, you did not embezzle from Wal Mart.

rdrector

What's done is done. Most everyone sometime in their lives makes a mistake they rather not have. Don't worry about things you can not control at this point. Suicidal thoughts over $600 should not be on your mind. Have you ever had issues with the law before? If not, then that will certainly be to your benefit. It is highly unlikely your mother would face any consequence as long as she has no knowledge or involvement of your wrong doings. You were upfront with the company, they most likely will terminate you. This is a reasonable action for them. Being that they have yet to dismiss you, and it is a small amount of $600, hopefully they will just allow you to pay restitution. Be truthful and sincere with management at this point, and hopefully they will want to keep law enforcement out of this matter. If not, do not speak to the police or sign a statement to the police. It is in your best interest not to speak to them without consulting an attorney first. If law enforcement is involved, do not fall for any of the sympathy talk they may give you. Their only interest is to their own benefit, not yours. If you are charged, $600 in the grand scheme of things will most likely amount to restitution by the court anyhow if you otherwise have no record. Cheer up, face the consequence, learn from your mistake, and move on. You will be ok.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">