• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen identity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nyenye25

What is the name of your state?

new jersey

i found out that somene has been using my name when getting arrested and now i have warrants for my arrest. i have never recieved so much as a parking ticket! whoever used my name, gave the incorrect date of birth (off by one year) but nonetheless,there are still warrants. by the way, i found this information out after letting my sister borrow my car who was stopped for not wearing her seatbelt. when she told me the cop advised her of my warrants, i was not only furious, but scared. (of leaving my house,even) how can i get this cleared up? should i just turn my self in with an explanation? will they arrest me on the spot and ask questions later? what does one do when their name/identity is being used in this fashion? should i show up at police station with a lawyer? what are the procedures for this situation? please help!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">