• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen items, owe £450???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xmort

i recently stole from a store and took the items back (clothes) in obviously resellable condition, i took them back for a refund and got store credit, however i got arrested and am now facing court in a week. but i have recieved a letter through the post from the company i took the items from saying i owe them £450 because the items where not resellable (which they were as i'd took them back and recieved a refund for them) and they need money and security money for this. should i have to pay considering all items and money was returned to them?

Just Blue

i recently stole from a store and took the items back (clothes) in obviously resellable condition, i took them back for a refund and got store credit, however i got arrested and am now facing court in a week. but i have recieved a letter through the post from the company i took the items from saying i owe them £450 because the items where not resellable (which they were as i'd took them back and recieved a refund for them) and they need money and security money for this. should i have to pay considering all items and money was returned to them?
This site of for United States Law only.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">