• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scaredhere

What is the name of your state? ar
A friend of my husbands was caught with a stolen 4 wheeler and he told the police he got it from my husband. MY husband was told to go to the police department to make a statement which he did. My husband informed the police he knew nothing about it. There is no proof. My question is can my husband be arrested on the word of the person that got caught with it? this persons wife is also saying they got it from my husband.

Son of Slam

scaredhere said:
What is the name of your state? ar
A friend of my husbands was caught with a stolen 4 wheeler and he told the police he got it from my husband. MY husband was told to go to the police department to make a statement which he did. My husband informed the police he knew nothing about it. There is no proof. My question is can my husband be arrested on the word of the person that got caught with it? this persons wife is also saying they got it from my husband.

Sounds like your husband is not far from some time in jail. I say this not because of law but just from the way cops and robbers is played in real life. You don't exactly sound brilliant, so I assume your husband isn't either. The police now know he is a thief and most crooks are too dumb to quit. Just a matter of time now. Kiss him bye-bye while you have the chance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">