• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jana42

What is the name of your state? CA

I wasn't really sure where to pose this question, but since the case is a criminal matter I am placing it here.

I received a subpoena a couple of hours ago for tomorrow. I have 2 children, both of whom are with me during the day as I homeschool. I quite obviously cannot contact the person I am supposed to as it is Sunday. I did leave a message for them, but as the court date is for tomorrow at 9, I am unlikely to hear back from them.

If I understand correctly, subpoenas should be delivered in a timely manner. I hardly consider less than 24 hours notice timely.

What is the best thing to do in a situation like this? I have been unable so far to find anyone on such short notice to watch the children and I definitely don't want to bring them into court with me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">