• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoenas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peppylady

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am currently involved in a civil suit. My attorney issued a few subpoenas to government agencies. One is for the Department of Motor vehicles to get correct address of defendant. They have been faxed from my attorney's office. When Maryland Motor Vehicles received them and starts to process the information do they have to notify the defendant that subpoenas were issued on him to request information? In other words will the defendant know we are doing this?

JETX

When Maryland Motor Vehicles received them and starts to process the information do they have to notify the defendant that subpoenas were issued on him to request information?
No.

In other words will the defendant know we are doing this?
No one can answer that.

One thing though.... drivers license records are notoriously unreliable in that most people, especially those that don't want you to know where they live, do NOT update their records when they move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">