• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sum**** of Fact and Police Report.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NewToCourt

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am unfamiliar with how the Defense attorney receives evidence from the prosecution. I thought they had to do this within a certain time frame. Here is my example:

I had a police report that was filed 3 1/2 months before trial. A sum**** of facts was sent to the prosecutor 2 months after that. Then two weeks before trial, or a month after the sum**** of facts, my attorney discovered this piece of evidence on his own during an interview with the accuser. Wasn't my attorney supposed to be given these reports and any evidence? Can the prosecutor sit on new evidence for a month?

This caused a serious delay in the trial. I feel like my rights to a speedy trial have been violated over and over by the prosecutor witholding evidence. We had to go for a continuance because of this. It really pisses me off because if the report had been sent in a timely manner we would have been ready for trial. They continually do this as well. I have found other evidence on my own that they have that has been witheld. I am not sure if my attorney even knows yet. It is rediculous.

Curt581

Hmmm.... who to ask....

Should you post a vague question on an Internet forum, without providing ANY pertinent information which would allow people to give a substantive answer....

-OR-

Should you ask your already-paid-for ATTORNEY, who's intimately familiar with your case, and who is well versed in your state and local court procedures.

Tough choice...

:rolleyes:

1*

NewToCourt

I am getting sick of this forum.

Curt581 said:
Hmmm.... who to ask....

Should you post a vague question on an Internet forum, without providing ANY pertinent information which would allow people to give a substantive answer....

-OR-

Should you ask your already-paid-for ATTORNEY, who's intimately familiar with your case, and who is well versed in your state and local court procedures.

Tough choice...

:rolleyes:

1*

Your response makes me believe you either know nothing of the law or you just know nothing. My question doesn't need to be clarified. I would ask my attorney, but I want to know now and he is not available until Wednesday.

How long can a prosecutor, who is ordered to release all evidence to the defense as it comes in, sit on evidence before releasing it? 1 month?!?!

It thought there was a very short time frame... like 48 hours.

BelizeBreeze

NewToCourt said:
Your response makes me believe you either know nothing of the law or you just know nothing. My question doesn't need to be clarified. I would ask my attorney, but I want to know now and he is not available until Wednesday.

How long can a prosecutor, who is ordered to release all evidence to the defense as it comes in, sit on evidence before releasing it? 1 month?!?!

It thought there was a very short time frame... like 48 hours.
How about this answer then. ASK YOUR ATTORNEY.

We don't litigate cases where we have no case file, no interviews with the participants or anything else but your idiotic ramblings.

NewToCourt

BelizeBreeze said:
How about this answer then. ASK YOUR ATTORNEY.

We don't litigate cases where we have no case file, no interviews with the participants or anything else but your idiotic ramblings.
Thanks... That helps a lot. I wonder why the last guy didn't say that? Good insight. I guess that's the difference between a senior member and one of those ordinary members. Keep up the good work. It's people like you that keep this forum alive. Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">