• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons to appear .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pr0t0c0n

I recently have been charged with consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a public park. I live in Florida and am of legal age to drink alcohol. The officer wrote me a summons to appear, he did not read me my rights nor did he place me into custody or book me into jail. However the next day i was told by the sheriffs dept that this was considered an arrest . If this is true what does this mean as far as any state issued licenses or certifications that i hold. Can they be suspended or revoked? And if this is considered an arrest , was it a lawful arrest if i was not informed of my rights at the time the summons to appear before the judge was given.

ERAUPIKE

I recently have been charged with consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a public park. I live in Florida and am of legal age to drink alcohol. The officer wrote me a summons to appear, he did not read me my rights nor did he place me into custody or book me into jail. However the next day i was told by the sheriffs dept that this was considered an arrest . If this is true what does this mean as far as any state issued licenses or certifications that i hold. Can they be suspended or revoked? And if this is considered an arrest , was it a lawful arrest if i was not informed of my rights at the time the summons to appear before the judge was given.
Yes, it was a lawful arrest. A petty charge like that will likely have no impact on your professional life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">