• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspect in Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattlincomores

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

I have learned, second hand, that I am being sought for questioning in the drug overdose death of a person I was with.
Should I turn myself in to authorities or wait for them to find me?

thanks

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO

I have learned, second hand, that I am being sought for questioning in the drug overdose death of a person I was with.
Should I turn myself in to authorities or wait for them to find me?

thanks
"of a person I was with".

Who was this person? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? Customer? :confused::confused:

I would suggest your hire a Criminal Attorney to go with you to the police station and get FIRST hand info on WHAT is going on.

ETA: Were you with this person at the time of death?

swalsh411

Ordinarily, merely being in the same room as somebody doesn't legally obligate you to take reasonable measures to save their life. However certain circumstances can create this duty, for example if you have accepted responsibility to watch over them (like a babysitter) or you are responsible for them being in whatever predicament that put them in danger. (for example, giving them drugs you know have been laced with something deadly)

Just Blue

Ordinarily, merely being in the same room as somebody doesn't legally obligate you to take reasonable measures to save their life. However certain circumstances can create this duty, for example if you have accepted responsibility to watch over them (like a babysitter) or you are responsible for them being in whatever predicament that put them in danger. (for example, giving them drugs you know have been laced with something deadly)
Not that I disagree with you, But was OP there at TOD? Or did OP mean that s/he was "with" in a "relationship" way? :confused:

Be that as it may...OP likely should hire an attorney to deal with this mess with her/him.

"of a person I was with".

Who was this person? Girlfriend? Boyfriend? Customer? :confused::confused:

I would suggest your hire a Criminal Attorney to go with you to the police station and get FIRST hand info on WHAT is going on.

ETA: Were you with this person at the time of death?

Why would it matter if the dead is a boy/girl friend or the godfather/mother?

Yeah, hiring a Criminal Attorney is a great idea, and probably never occurred to the OP before your post.

Was the OP with the the deceased at the time of death? What do you think, Ace?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why would it matter if the dead is a boy/girl friend or the godfather/mother?

Yeah, hiring a Criminal Attorney is a great idea, and probably never occurred to the OP before your post.

Was the OP with the the deceased at the time of death? What do you think, Ace?
When you are say you are "with" someone, slang is a marvelous thing. It could have meant he was dating someone at the time that person died. Or it could mean he was physically present. So it doesn't matter exactly WHO the person was but rather what the OP meant by "with".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">