• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dodenhoff

South Carolina

I was arrested May 15th for driving under suspension, however I paid a late ticket on April the 23rd and I paid my reinstatement fee April 29th. I went to the DMV on May 11 after receiving a letter stating that my driving privileges had been reinstated once i went to the DMV. Now they are saying that the court didnt process my payment for the late ticket until May 18th? The DMV sent me the documentation that I could drive, yet the court took a month to process a $35 ticket and says that I couldnt drive?

dave33

Plead not guilty at your arraignment, than bring all your paperwork to your next court date and ask the prosecuting officer and/or the judge to dismiss.

Dodenhoff

I did plead not guilty, however the court is saying I am guilty and I didnt have a valid drivers license until the 18th of May. I just dont see how the court could take form April the 23rd to May the 18th to process a $35 ticket. Or why the DMV would allow me to pay my reinstatment fee if my license was not valid. I think they are lying to me so I will plead guilty and accept the PTI

dave33

It sounds like you are driving legally. After you paid the reinstatement fee you should have been given a temporary(usually paper) license. Bring this and all other documentation pertaining to your privilege to operate to your next court date. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">