• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tables were turned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamegirl029

What is the name of your state? virgina. I called the police on my neighbor for having about 50 hanging around outside at about 1 a.m., right outside my childrens bedroom. I told them that I was real nervous about it because a guy got shot less than 2 wks ago right across the street from me. There have been no police presence at all after the shooting. When the police got there, they tried talking to my neighbor, but they are hispanic and the police couldn't understand them. So they come over to talk to me and my husband. They were telling me I could be charged for making a false report, but I didn't. All the people and their vehicles were still there. I told the officer to listen to the 911 tape, and she would see what I said. So then she focused in on my husband. To make a real long story shorter, the arrested my husbad, saying he had a warrant in another county. They said they didn't know what the warrant was for, but they had to take him in. The only connection either one of us has to that county is my husband has a child support case there. He was out of work for awhile, but went to court and the judge said he wouldn't have to go to jail if he paid specific amount more each week. He's been doing exactly what he was ordered, plus paid an extra $2700.00 less than a month ago. When I called the Sherrif to find out what was going on, all he could tell me was that my husband would be held in jail for 12 months. It has to be an expired warrant. I need any advice I can get on how to get him out, and if I can, can we sue the county for unlawful detainment (among other charges)? Please, we have four children who need their father back, please help us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">