• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

taking care of a warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aprilware

What is the name of your state? Indiana

i have a warrant for failure to appear. my court appearance was for driving while suspended and failure to obey traffic signals (or something of that nature). when i was unable to appear for court, i called and they told me all i would have to do is write to the court explaining my situation. i did that and now i have a warrant. i have done everything that needs to be done. i was supposed to show proof that i paid my fines and got my license back. i just want to get this taken care of before i get pulled over and have to go to jail. what can i do to resolve this without doing jail time?

aprilware

by "handle the rest" does that require me going to jail? and will this cost me a lot of money or will i just have to do what they wanted before, show them i got my license back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">