• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking care of a warrant - Will I go to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vorvik

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Here's the story. I got a DUI 4 years ago and was making my monthly payments. After a while I missed a few and a warrant for my arrest was issued. I freaked and instead of just going to take care of it, I ignored it for fear of going to jail. Now some years have passed and I want to take care of it. I dont care if I owe more due to interest, but my question is... If I go to take care of it, what are the chances they'd just put me back on the payment plan and get rid of my warrant? (without going to jail)

Im scared that they'll see how long its been and just sentence me to some time regardless.

Any help?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Here's the story. I got a DUI 4 years ago and was making my monthly payments. After a while I missed a few and a warrant for my arrest was issued. I freaked and instead of just going to take care of it, I ignored it for fear of going to jail. Now some years have passed and I want to take care of it. I dont care if I owe more due to interest, but my question is... If I go to take care of it, what are the chances they'd just put me back on the payment plan and get rid of my warrant? (without going to jail)

Im scared that they'll see how long its been and just sentence me to some time regardless.

Any help?
You need to hire an attorney to represent you. He/she could contact the Court and possibly work out a deal for you to turn yourself in.

pokervinny91

bench warrant?

if its a bench warrant you can just show up to court and as long as the judge isn't in a super pissed mood they should just get u back on the plan it will help if you bring some money with you to make a payment if you have already been sentenced i have never heard of the sentence changing

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">