• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking the FBI to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

0f4rws

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama.

If the FBI has a file on you and you take the FBI to court to challenge things in your file, and the jury rules in favor of the FBI, can you go to prison?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

If the FBI has a file on you and you take the FBI to court to challenge things in your file, and the jury rules in favor of the FBI, can you go to prison?
What makes you think a jury would ever hear the case?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

What are you doing that the FBI has a 'file' on you? :cool:

Antigone*

A bit paranoid, aren't we?

0f4rws

Are you kidding me? I have to demonstrate to a lawyer that I really need to know the answer to a legal question before they will answer it? And then, retardedly, I am asked "what have you done," as if the FBI has never been accused of maltreatment in the past. Oh, FBI agents have never shot and killed people who were unarmed. Oh, it's not like disciplinary actions have to be taken out on FBI agents approximately 350 times per year, which is darn near every frickin day. Oh, we don't have a political system where the government is divided into opposing branches precisely so its citizens can make a concerted effort to defend themselves against abuse. Stop trying to stand up for your rights, what do you think this is, a free country or something?

You don't know the answer to the question. Quit trying to hide it by putting me on the defense.

CdwJava

How do you intend to take the FBI to court? Have you SEEN their "file" on you? If you haven't, how do you intend to take them to court to challenge information that you do not even know exists? And under what legal theory would you be able to challenge information that has been compiled - proven or not?

But, to answer your question: No, you cannot go to prison for losing a civil case against the FBI.

racer72

Quit trying to hide it by putting me on the defense.
Take the FBI to court, you are going to have a team a high powered attorneys asking you questions about everything in your life from the day you were concieved. If you think the folks in this forum are putting you on the defensive, you don't have a clue. They will eat you up and spit you out like that poppy seed from their morning muffin. No attorney is going to touch a case like this with a 10 foot pole unless you, and no one else, can provide them with the evidence they need to take the case.

Before we continue, please answer the question already asked. A bit paranoid, aren't we? .

OHRoadwarrior

You may disappear before the case is concluded. Unless you have been a radical or up to no good, their file on you is likely limited to the basics. They have a database where they enter known associates from traffic stops, beyond that.

CavemanLawyer

You can't challenge or sue the FBI for maintaining a file on you, or by putting any specific piece of information in that file. The FBI is a law enforcement governmental agency. Besides the fact that they have governmental immunity for anything done within the scope of their duties, any law enforcement agency is entitled to open an investigation into anyone for just about anything. An agency can keep whatever information they want as long as it was lawfully obtained and that is the job of investigative agencies. Also the fact that they have a file doesn't harm you in any way.

ERAUPIKE

Are you kidding me? I have to demonstrate to a lawyer that I really need to know the answer to a legal question before they will answer it? And then, retardedly, I am asked "what have you done," as if the FBI has never been accused of maltreatment in the past. Oh, FBI agents have never shot and killed people who were unarmed. Oh, it's not like disciplinary actions have to be taken out on FBI agents approximately 350 times per year, which is darn near every frickin day. Oh, we don't have a political system where the government is divided into opposing branches precisely so its citizens can make a concerted effort to defend themselves against abuse. Stop trying to stand up for your rights, what do you think this is, a free country or something?

You don't know the answer to the question. Quit trying to hide it by putting me on the defense.
Malfeasance in other cases have no bearing on your case. Additionally, "opposing branches" is probably not the best way to describe the structure of our government, I would use the term separate.

Just Blue

Mr/Ms Federal Offender, Please clarify the first posting. Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">