• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tampering with prescription meds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

insider

What is the name of your state? NY
Hi, I am not sure is this belongs here.

My father is going through a nasty divorce. He has been taping his wife without her knowledge. Last week she started an argument to where she took his 2 of his prescription medications off the top of the refrig and washed them down the sink.

My father called the police immediatly. They spoke to her to which she lied through her teeth and stated he told her to do it. My father then played back the voice recorder to the police. In the police statement it states my father's side was backed up by the tape and his wife's story was opposite of the tape. She did not sign a statement though, so she could not be arrested for filing a false instrument.

My father's wife has a child with the chief of police. She has been having an affair with him. Which is one of the reasons my father is divorcing her. No charges were filed againist his wife. Of course the chief of police was on that night.

Did she voilate any law concerning tampering or disposing of his prescription medication? Can anyone cite the law number?

You Are Guilty

Did she voilate any law concerning tampering or disposing of his prescription medication? Can anyone cite the law number?
Unless you are the DA, none of this matters, but here are a few things it might fall under:
§ 145.00 Criminal mischief in the fourth degree.
A person is guilty of criminal mischief in the fourth degree when,
having no right to do so nor any reasonable ground to believe that he
has such right, he:
1. Intentionally damages property of another person;
§ 145.14 Criminal tampering in the third degree.
A person is guilty of criminal tampering in the third degree when,
having no right to do so nor any reasonable ground to believe that he
has such right, he tampers with property of another person with intent
to cause substantial inconvenience to such person or to a third person.
Criminal tampering in the third degree is a class B misdemeanor.
§ 145.40 Tampering with a consumer product in the second degree.
A person is guilty of tampering with a consumer product in the second
degree when, having no right to do so nor any reasonable ground to
believe that he has such right, and with intent to cause physical injury
to another or with intent to instill in another a fear that he will
cause such physical injury, he alters, adulterates or otherwise
contaminates a consumer product.
Tampering with a consumer product in the second degree is a class A
misdemeanor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">