• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant is suspected of being drug dealer, can we have our rental property searched?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

renting2losers

What is the name of your state? FL
These tenants, never leave thier property until after 9 PM them they run out for no more than 15 minutes at a time....they freak out when any of the neighbors come outside the door (Paranoia) and then run back inside. They supposedly have a landscape business, (Self employed) but have never left the property to go to work since April 13th when they moved in. I know all if this because either myself or husband are always home with our daughter and we live on the same street. We are a bit nervous because, the new tenants live so close and they have already had an altercation on the street witnessed by several people. How can we have the property searched?What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? FL
These tenants, never leave thier property until after 9 PM them they run out for no more than 15 minutes at a time....they freak out when any of the neighbors come outside the door (Paranoia) and then run back inside. They supposedly have a landscape business, (Self employed) but have never left the property to go to work since April 13th when they moved in. I know all if this because either myself or husband are always home with our daughter and we live on the same street. We are a bit nervous because, the new tenants live so close and they have already had an altercation on the street witnessed by several people. How can we have the property searched?What is the name of your state?
You can't.....

Lease?

Are the tenants on a lease? If not you can (if you wish) give them a notice to vacate. However just because they never leave home doent make them drug dealers I think you might be ones suffering from paranoia. Regardless if they are on month to month lease and you are unhappy with them as tenants you can ask them to vacate by giving them proper notice. Now if they ar eon a lease they can stay until lease ends unless an agreement is reached (get it in writing) to leave before lease expires. This will likely cost you some cash like one months rent plus deposit etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">