• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terroristic Threat??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stevesantx

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Texas

My ex and I were divorced back in March of this year. Since then she has defaulted on the mortgage which under the divorce decree she was responsible to keep up. Most recently she has been witholding my visitation. Yesterday after telling me again she wasnt going to allow my visitation I sent her a text messgae stating" if she wanted to go back to war, the gloves would come off. "Two hours later later I was arrested at work for making a Terroriustic threat. Where is the threat of violence or bodily injury. Can it be assumed that a resonable person would not consider this a threat of violence?

pojo2

IF that Mortgage is still in your name, despite what the decree says, they will and CA come after you for the payments. She needs to refi to get your name off the loan.

Second issue, I am sick and tired of everything be a damn terrorist threat these days. But yes what you did could be considered a threat.

HomeGuru

Stevesantx said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Texas

My ex and I were divorced back in March of this year. Since then she has defaulted on the mortgage which under the divorce decree she was responsible to keep up. Most recently she has been witholding my visitation. Yesterday after telling me again she wasnt going to allow my visitation I sent her a text messgae stating" if she wanted to go back to war, the gloves would come off. "Two hours later later I was arrested at work for making a Terroriustic threat. Where is the threat of violence or bodily injury. Can it be assumed that a resonable person would not consider this a threat of violence?

**A:post word for word exactly what you stated in the text message as your wrote it. Do not re-phrase or change anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">