• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terroristic threats made online

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angelzevil

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas
First off Im not sure if Im posting this question in the correct area or not, if not sorry.
I was in a relationship with a man for 3 yrs and we now have a 2 yr old son togather, in July he put his key down and said that he was leaving and not comming back. As soon as he shut the front door I locked it and didnt open the door again. I had been trying for along time to get him removed from my home because he had been acting mentally unstable for some time at this point and every time the police would come out they would tell me that they couldnt help me because he was on the lease. The evening in July when he left he tried to convince me to let him come back in and that the purpose of his leaving was to "see if I would follow him" once he realized that I was not going to let him back in he threatened to kill himself so I called the police and let them know what he said and which direction I had seen him go. That night was put in a hospital for a psychiactric evaluation and was held for about a week at which point they wouldnt hold him any longer because he didnt have any insurance. During the time he was in the hospital he called me and when I again told him he was not comming back he threatened to break into my apartment to get his things. I at that point contacted his mother who came to get his belongings. Just a few weeks after he was released from the hospital he sent me a message on myspace in which he stated that i needed to raise our son right and put him in a normal school because he didnt want him to grow up to be a f*ck up like him then he said " if you dont, I swear to god I will f*cking kill you". I am taking that as a terroristic threat and have reported it to our local prosecuting attorney and made a police report as well because of his unstable mind set. When the prosecuting attorney took the warrent for his arrest to the judge the judge declined the charge for mistameanor terroristic threatening and wanted it ellivated to felony terroristic threatening. So that is where we are at now, trying to get the warrent for felony terroristic threatening. In this type of situation in Arkansas what are the likely punishments for this and what type of protection can be offered for my self, our son, and my family?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

The Arkansas code I tend to use is off-line according to the state web site. So, I cannot look up the penalties.

As for protection, the state will not be responsible for your protection. You can check to see what kinds of victim services are available to you and maybe they will have funds to assist you in moving to a new place or to provide some other aid. You will not get bodyguards, identity changes, etc.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">