• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Text Messages, Police, Drug Bust, My Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missskendra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
Lamar County

This past week (5th) a girl was busted with a g of meth in a small town. The cops took her cell phone a read her text messages. My father was going back to town (7th)and had been talking to her thru texts. She had asked for him to bring 7g back. She has two kids this is why they spoke thru texts. On the 7th he pulled into her driveway and was surrounded by police. He did not know she was in jail. So for two days he had been talking to the police. Can they do this? He had was leaving with his brother at the time and he told them where everything was in the house so they would not go back and destroy it. He had a pipe on him so they got him MAN DEL CS PG 1 >=1G DRUG FREE ZONE; MAN DEL CS PG 1 >=4G<200G ; POSS CS PG 3 < 28G
My question is that entrapment for the police to do that? What if she gave consent to it ? We do not know she has been in custody since the 5th I would think she did not give consent her charge was in a drug free zone too. Please help if I am pregnant with my first child his first grand child and no one esp my dad deserves the time he is going to get. If you have any questions please ask.

swalsh411

Was the plan to traffic the meth already in place before the girl was arrested and the police started pretending to be her? If so, definitely not entrapment.

FlyingRon

Duplicate post, and as said, definitely not entrapment. Even if they "plan" was cooked after her arrest, with or without her assistance, it's not entrapment. There isn't much coercion applied by a text message asking for drugs.

xylene

Your dad was busted for possession.

The police learned of when he might have drugs thru the texts, but that is not the crux of this case.

He didn't have have to supply the meth.

There is no conspiracy charge...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">