• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mastermind

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

Ive recently bein arrested and acused of stealing somthing to the value of 500 from my old job 3 people are giving statements against me that also work there 1 of them say i gave him the 'item' for him to hold and treatened him if he didnt hold it! The other 2 statements are sayyin that they heard me talk about the item and that i told them about it, the truth is they have no hard evidence against me for these acusasations There was a warrant carried out on my house nuttin was found of course, When i was arrested they interviewed me the detective told me he didnt belive me but it was up to the DP to make the decision.. My worries are that it will be put into the papers by my old job, im only 17 at the moment but 18 soon and somthin like that gettin into the paper would be a big knockout for me and my family. How can i stop this from happening and could you tell me what likely to happen and how long it takes? How would it effect me?

thanks alot

S

shell007

mastermind said:

Ive recently bein arrested and acused of stealing somthing to the value of 500 from my old job 3 people are giving statements against me that also work there 1 of them say i gave him the 'item' for him to hold and treatened him if he didnt hold it! The other 2 statements are sayyin that they heard me talk about the item and that i told them about it, the truth is they have no hard evidence against me for these acusasations There was a warrant carried out on my house nuttin was found of course, When i was arrested they interviewed me the detective told me he didnt belive me but it was up to the DP to make the decision.. My worries are that it will be put into the papers by my old job, im only 17 at the moment but 18 soon and somthin like that gettin into the paper would be a big knockout for me and my family. How can i stop this from happening and could you tell me what likely to happen and how long it takes? How would it effect me?

thanks alot
Seems like you have alot more to worry about than your name being in the paper!!

OHHH ...my legal advice...Get an attorney if you do not already have one! :)

Happy Trails

mastermind said:

thanks alot
Well, the ball is already in motion. If they feel they have enough evidence, then they will charge you with larceny. Nobody can possibly tell you how long it will take, there are just too many variables. If you are convicted, you will have a criminal record. With that on your job application, you probably won't get hired.

From New Mexico statutes:

30-16-1. Larceny.
Whoever commits larceny when the value of the property stolen is over two hundred fifty dollars ($250) but not more than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) is guilty of a fourth degree felony.

mastermind

thanks for the advice guys,, I really think i need a attorney! I think ive done a good job so far in deffending myself! Do you guys think that it will go to court..?

Happy Trails

mastermind said:
thanks for the advice guys,, I really think i need a attorney! I think ive done a good job so far in deffending myself! Do you guys think that it will go to court..?
No one can answer that, we don't know how strong of a case they have.

Consult with an attorney. You will probably be advised to be quiet.

mastermind

whats the consequences for bein charged with theft from a company you worked for

A friend has recently gave a statement against me, he said he seen the camera and that he heard be bragin about stealing it! he wasint even arrested, he didnt mean to give the statement he was just freaked out what can i do is there anyway he could withdraw the statement!?whats the consequences for bein charged with theft from a company you worked for

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">