• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft and a 4 yr old ADHAD witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elcorazon

What is the name of your state? Colorado.
Here's what happened to me yesterday. My 11 year olds best friends Mother filed a theft charge against me saying I stole her 11 year olds son's 10 Karat necklace that his Father gave him. This necklace is 12 years old. Brief history on the woman who is claiming I took it. Her 11 year old son's Father doesn't live in Colorado, he is in Vegas. He has not seen his child in 10 years, they were never married. She has 2 other children from different men, one of which is 4 years old and diagnosed as ADHD and on meds for it.
A few weeks ago my son came home from school saying his best friend told him his Mother thinks I took his necklace. I was appauled and called her, asked her why she would think I would do such a horrible thing. Her reply, because I was the only one in the her apartment. Of course all the children were there, 2 of which (the 11 year old and the 4 year old!) she had drinking beer and eating popcorn, I am not kidding!! My son was with me and witnessed this under age drinking. I told her that it was not right to give them beer, they are children. I think it made her mad. Anyway she had asked me to help her with her computer a few days prior to her accusations and I helped her. I helped her and my son and I went home. My son and I were only there for about 30 minutes. Now onto the missing necklace. Her 11 year old son had shown me that necklace several months ago, his Father had just sent it to him and he was proud of it. His Father abonded him after he was born. I looked at it and told him it was very nice that his Father gave that to him and he put it away in his dresser. That's the last time I saw the necklace. However, the dresser had been moved out of his room and into the living room and used as the computer desk. And according to his Mother, after speaking to her, the necklace was put into a bag on top of the refrigerator. I could write forever on how messed up this woman is but I will get to the point. Yesterday 2 police officers came to my house and questioned me about this necklace. I told them I was aware that it had been missing and that I didn't take it. One officer asked me if I would be willing to take a polygraph, I jumped on that opportunity and said YES!! I also asked him why she thought I took the necklace, he said because the 4 year old ADHD, who was drinking beer, saw me took it.....remember he was enjoying his beer and popcorn ball on the futon watching TV. He is a witness he said. The officer also asked me what I thought the necklace was worth, I told him on the second hand market maybe $20 to$30. Retail maybe $100. I know this as I worked with a jeweler some years ago and design high end fashion jewelry as a hobby. SOMEONE CALL MURRAY POVICH!!! :eek: So when I do take the polygraph, what happens after that. I know it will show I am not lying. Oh yeah they also went through my jewelry box and leather trench coat without a search warrant!!

JETX

elcorazon said:
So when I do take the polygraph, what happens after that.
Depends on the results of the polygraph.

BTW, that is a LOT of words to ask a SIMPLE question... :D

mycarlb

First of all, why in the he!! didn't you go directly to the police department when you were an EYE WITNESS to children being given beer??? And then to make it worse, you say you spoke to the police and STILL didn't tell them about the children drinking beer??? What's wrong with that picture?

elcorazon

UPDATE on Theft 4yr old witness

CALL MURRAY POVICH!! My God, not but one hour after I posted my message......who shows up at my door. The little boy who's necklace I was a suspect in stealing. His Mother sent him over to apologize to me and said she found the necklace at 11AM yesterday. The cops came over at 5:30PM yesterday. He also said his Mother called the police and told them she found it in the diaper bag. Also, I did tell the officer yesterday that the children were drinking beer that she gave them. When the officer said the 4 year old witnessed me taking the necklace, I asked if his age was admissable in court. He said yes. You see I was not worried about failing the polygraph as I know I didn't take the necklace. This has caused alot of anxiety to me in the past day and I am very upset. I WILL CALL Child protective services tomorrow and turn her in. And if a 4 year old is admissable in court then my 11 year old can sure witness the fact that he saw these young children drinking!! Now what kind of attorney wants to sue the City of Colorado Springs for the officers NOT having a search warrant and sueing for False Accusations to a major crime?

JETX

elcorazon said:
Now what kind of attorney wants to sue the City of Colorado Springs for the officers NOT having a search warrant and sueing for False Accusations to a major crime?
A REALLY, REALLY hungry one who doesn't mind taking your money for NO chance of winning. :D

elcorazon

4 yr old witness

You really don't think I have a case against her or the city? Isn't it illegal to lie to a police officer? The odd thing is that she found the necklace yesterday as she told her son. I am wondering if perhaps the officer went back over to her apt and asked her why her kids were drinking? Then she is thinking oh crap, the woman I accused witnessed me giving beer to my kids.....and the woman (me), told her it was WRONG!
Should I retaliate and call social services on her? You know I am mad. It's obvious. Any kind of record of theft would prevent me from being able to get a security clearance for a job I am seeking.

torcal

Necklace

State: CA

I'm no criminal lawyer, but don't get on the defensive. Don't take a lie detector test to prove you didn't do it. She's the one who has to prove you did. And, if the lie detector technician is lousy or you feel stressed, it might come out negative and that can be used in court against you.

Tell the police that you want to be cooperative, but it appears that you are being asked questions that appear to ask you to incriminate yourself. Ask for the assignment of a public defender before any more questioning is done.

Remember that this woman MUST prove you did it. You don't have to prove you didn't. The burden of proof is on her, not you. Just imagine this microcephalic idiot trying to prove the value of the necklace in court. And then her drunk 11 year old kid will have to testify in court the circumstances surrounding the "theft". His perceptions will be very relevant including his blood alcohol level at the time.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. I suspect that the police are just doing enough to write some kind of report to prove that they actually did something about a citizen complaint. I also suspect that they already know what kind of person she is.

Don't try to retaliate against this woman. It might be actionable defamation. However, after this dies down, child services might like to know that you saw her feeding beer to her kids.

You're old enough. When the kids are outside for a while have a couple of beers yourself just to calm down a bit.

elcorazon

Necklace

It wasn't the 11 year old who said he saw me took it, it was the 4 year old!! The 4 year old was drinking too!! But as in a recent post, an hour after my original post. The 11 year old was sent here to give me a message this morning that his Mother found the necklace in a diaper bag and she is sorry!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">