• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft from mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Skndlz2904

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My exwife has been opening, destroying and withholding some very important mail addressed to me that is still coming to my previous address. I have a solid proof for that. I have been separated with her for 2 months already and filing for divorce.

Can I press charges for THEFT FROM MAIL(?) and get her arrested?

Thank you in advance.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My exwife has been opening, destroying and withholding some very important mail addressed to me that is still coming to my previous address. I have a solid proof for that. I have been separated with her for 2 months already and filing for divorce.

Can I press charges for THEFT FROM MAIL(?) and get her arrested?

Thank you in advance.
**A: why did you not have your mail forwarded and notify everyone of your new address if those specific mail articles were so important?

45Frank

Well it depends where you live, when I lived in NJ my X was going thru my mail(box at the curb) she even went and signed for certified mail from my attorney about my business as well as the divorce. When I went to the post office to complain the locals would do nothing, I think I may even still have the signed green slip from my attorney. Had a meeting with a local detective and Postal Police outcome was well the delivery of mail is an convience and they refused to do a thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">