• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a way to...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catfiero

What is the name of your state? NE
Friend was arrested for theft of bike and lawnmower-no finger prints no witnesses..this happened july 17. He went to crt in sept they said going to give more time for witness..he was not chosen in line up..He is brittle diabetic and they have changed insulin with out examination..blood sugar running 400+
Has developed a virus which he was told was "something
people in here just get" by dr..given Motirn

Both myself and his mother have tried to contact Public Defender..no response he was suppose to talk to her a month ago and no response.. (it is not the PD resp to return phone calls or talk to the family)

Here is the question..Can we pay an attorney to look into the case...we do not have a lot of money to pay for an extensive case..but we feel he is not getting fair representation..he is tried of it and says he will plead but his atty says no don't you are innocent and they have no evidence..he should have seen his dr months ago..
so is there a way to pay an attorney for consulting but still allow my friend to have the Public Defender as we cant pay for ongoing legal fees?
I am not in that state I live out west.
Any advice would be much appreciated!

calatty

No respectable attorney is going to get involved in a case when the client is already represented by counsel. Either the attorney represents him or he doesn't.

C

catfiero

Thank you for your reply. Are you familiar with the Omaha legal community? Are there any options you could suggest?

Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">