• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is these search really legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nichelle g

What is the name of your state? California

I live with my brothers girlfriend. She has two of her older children that live with her that are on probation. when probation came for her son thay made every body in the house come in the living room and ran warrent checks on every body and he wasnt even there. I thought that thay could only search the room that the person on probation sleep in. Well thay search every room in the house terrying up the house pouring trash on our food that was in the sink thowing out to be cooked that night. Thay broke up thingslike pictures,glasses,vases and etc.
Half way through the search her son shows up and thay went outside and made the person that was dropping off her son come in and ran checks on them to.
They 've raided her house two times but,never found nothing.They think because alot of people hang out at her house mainly her family that thay seem to be selling drugs.Is this search legal or illegal ?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

nichelle g said:
What is the name of your state? California

I live with my brothers girlfriend. She has two of her older children that live with her that are on probation. when probation came for her son thay made every body in the house come in the living room and ran warrent checks on every body and he wasnt even there. I thought that thay could only search the room that the person on probation sleep in. Well thay search every room in the house terrying up the house pouring trash on our food that was in the sink thowing out to be cooked that night. Thay broke up thingslike pictures,glasses,vases and etc.
Half way through the search her son shows up and thay went outside and made the person that was dropping off her son come in and ran checks on them to.
They 've raided her house two times but,never found nothing.They think because alot of people hang out at her house mainly her family that thay seem to be selling drugs.Is this search legal or illegal ?
This is why you don't live with a criminal on probation.

The search was perfectly legal. Either tell your 'friend' to have the criminals move out or get used to it.

CdwJava

People that are on probation with search stipulations are subject to search at most any time. ANY PLACE the probationer has access to is subject to search.

If the police are breaking things or causing damage, then you need to complain to their agency or contact an attorney for a civil suit. I doubt they are just breaking stuff ... if they are, then you need to say something and put in a claim for damages to their employing agency.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">