• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Think I know what to do but want to be sure!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hamster01340

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? massachusettes
I was in a car with 4 others I am 19 yrs old one person was 21yrs. everyone was over 18yrs. I was a passenger we were pulled over by the police. pulled out of the car and searched. two people had a bottle of alcohol on them, I had nothing illeagle. three days later received a phone call from the police that if i did not go to the station and make a statement that i would receive a $500.00 fine. I beleve that is B.S. but just want to make sure. My father always told me never never never make a statment to police without a lawyer.
Thank you in advance.

HomeGuru

I was in a car with 4 others I am 19 yrs old one person was 21yrs. everyone was over 18yrs. I was a passenger we were pulled over by the police. pulled out of the car and searched. two people had a bottle of alcohol on them, I had nothing illeagle. three days later received a phone call from the police that if i did not go to the station and make a statement that i would receive a $500.00 fine. I beleve that is B.S. but just want to make sure. My father always told me never never never make a statment to police without a lawyer.
Thank you in advance.
**A: ok thanks for the story. I hope you are still in school.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you in advance.
Your father is a wise man.

swalsh411

Don't agree to make a statement. Don't even return their call. If they want you they know where to find you....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">