• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Third party sel defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgmommy

What is the name of your state? I'm from Texas, and when I was 12 weeks pregnant I was attacked by two rather large women. My husband did all he can without hitting them to pull them off me. He was arrested 2 years later for a warrant against him for assault. Does he have a good defense for third party self defense?

BelizeBreeze

jgmommy said:
What is the name of your state? I'm from Texas, and when I was 12 weeks pregnant I was attacked by two rather large women. My husband did all he can without hitting them to pull them off me. He was arrested 2 years later for a warrant against him for assault. Does he have a good defense for third party self defense?
what did his attorney tell you?

BelizeBreeze

jgmommy said:
His lawyer says he has a good chance, but I want something a little more concrete.
Then play the lottery. The ONLY thing that is sure in this life is taxes....can't even count on death anymore damit!

jgmommy

BelizeBreeze said:
Then play the lottery. The ONLY thing that is sure in this life is taxes....can't even count on death anymore damit!
Well were're just worried because he's the sole bread winner, and we can't afford him going to jail.

outonbail

His lawyer says he has a good chance, but I want something a little more concrete.
A little more concrete?

You were there right? Well you should know better than anyone if he was out of line or not when he came to your rescue.

Did he use a weapon? Did he continue to be physically aggressive towards these two "rather large women" after you were no longer in any danger? Does he have a lengthy criminal history of violence? Did you file a report with the local police at the time you were assaulted by these large female brutes?
If so, are they charged with assaulting you? If not, why didn't you report this attack which put your safety as well as that of your unborn child in danger? Did you or your attackers require medical aid for the injuries sustained in this brawl? Did either you or your husband know these attackers prior to the incident and if so, what's their relation to you and/or your husband? Do these rather large women have any criminal or violent history? What provoked their attacking you? Were there any outside witnesses to the attacks? Will you be testifying to the fact that he was simply trying to stop their attack on you? and if so, do you come off as a credible witness who was falling victim to the violent attack initiated by these women until your husband neutralized their threat, or will you come off as a self serving spouse who's prejudiced beliefs are willing to tell whatever story is necessary in order to keep her meal ticket out of jail, so he will continue to play a role that is beneficial to her?

Everything asked above and more will come into play during trial, so you don't actually believe you will receive anything close to a "more concrete answer", (as far as the most likely outcome) from someone who does not know the true answers to these questions and all other particulars surrounding the case do you?

Or are you looking somewhere else for the answers you want to hear, which are not what your husband's attorney is giving you?
If you have been honest with your husband's attorney and provided him with all the facts of the case, he is the one you need to ask about the case and more importantly, listen to!

If you are hiding anything from the attorney or sugar coating the facts to make your position appear innocent of any wrong doing, then your wasting your money and postponing the inevitable truth coming out before it's all over. Specifically, the truth coming out during trial, which, from an attorney's standpoint, is not the preferred timing for learning the true facts vs. the imagined version.

So if you aren't fooling yourself into believing the situation unfolded in some manner other than the way it actually did, then you should know better than anyone else, what outcome to expect.

If your not telling the truth or intentionally leaving out pertinent facts, you can expect the worse and if so, it may be time to start looking for a job to support your child and yourself, while your husband is away, paying for his heroic act.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">