• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket question/possession of smoking pipe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonicsearch

What is the name of your state?
I live in Texas. My son was approached at Sonic by a police officer after the carhop thought she saw something in his car. The police officer came over and my son showed him the paper sack from his car that had some cigars and small boxes of cigarettes from India, and a regular tobacco pipe. He is 18. The officer wanted to search the car and my son originally said no but when threatened with a search dog he said okay. Upon searching they found that there was nothing else in the car. Then the officer pulls out the tobacco pipe and says it has marajuana residue in it and writes him a ticket for minor in possession of drug para. Without telling us our son went down to the courthouse and paid the $200 ticket because he says that he knows that friends at parties used the pipe and he was resonsible.
My question is, is there anyway to keep this off of his record or for it to be taken off after a few years. It is a Class C Misdemeaner. He has never been in trouble before/ no tickets, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">