• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time between arrest and prosecution in NH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

funkeeskier

Hi,
This incident took place early August in NH. I am 21 and was enjoying a beer on the beach after work (which is legal at this particular facility...I know this because I am a lifeguard there)...anyways a friend of mine had a sip of one of my beers. Just as she took a sip, a patrolling officer came by. He approached us on the basis of drinking in public which as mentioned before is legal at this location; however, my friend was not of legal drinking age.
Long story short...she was arrested, the whole nine yards. However, she has no court date, and no fine as far as I know. Instead she was told that she was doing community service at the station.
I was not arrested, and have not been charged with anything since the incident. The officer recently pulled over my brother and asked my brother to tell me to call him (the officer) which I think is an attempt to get a confession. My question is this: How much time is allowed between an incident and prosecution?
My stance as of right now is to say "I have no idea what you're talking about" because it's been so long and I don't want to admit to anything that might incriminate me. Am I right to do this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">