• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

timelimit to recieve evidence against you?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boti

undefinedIllinois-i have to go to court on nov.29 th
i have yet to recieve the evidence or witness list that the state will use against me-i am on a possesion charge-is there a timeline in which i should recieve the info in order to prepare my court case? i have a public defender, and have not heard from this guy at all except meeting him in court the first time when he was asigned to me. at the first hearing(not the bail hearing) i requested from the judge to be given police transcripts from the police radio that day and the judge agreed, but as i stated i have not recieved anything and my case is set for the 29th of nov....anyone know the law on this, please advise...thank you

Kane

The law on discovery differs from state to state.

In my state, for example, the law actually prohibits the judge from ordering discovery of police reports.

Call your PD, or go to his office. Be polite. You're not his only case (he may have 99 others). Unless you decide to represent yourself, you need to go through your attorney to obtain discovery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">