• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was told that someone was Filing a complaint on me. NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MCS

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I was told that yesterday the police were at my job after I left because I threw something at someone and it did not hit them. My co-workers said that this person plans on going to the police to file a statement of some sort. Can this be legit? And why not make a statement if the police were there already? I slid a cannister in thier direction to keep them from coming after me. I didn't think it was a big deal, and actually forgot about it. What can come out of this and do I need a lawyer?

Happy Trails

MCS said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I was told that yesterday the police were at my job after I left because I threw something at someone and it did not hit them. My co-workers said that this person plans on going to the police to file a statement of some sort. Can this be legit? And why not make a statement if the police were there already? I slid a cannister in thier direction to keep them from coming after me. I didn't think it was a big deal, and actually forgot about it. What can come out of this and do I need a lawyer?
You are going to drive yourself crazy with what might happen. If this person goes down and makes a formal complaint, then take it from there.

MCS

They did make a formal complaint......but why did they wait 3 days later. They couldn't do it when the police were there on the day it happened?

Happy Trails

MCS said:
They did make a formal complaint......but why did they wait 3 days later. They couldn't do it when the police were there on the day it happened?
So are you being charged with anything?

If you find out that you are, post the New Jersey code that you are being charged with.

MCS

Happy Trails said:
So are you being charged with anything?

If you find out that you are, post the New Jersey code that you are being charged with.
I don't know if I am charged with something. How would they charge me?...Do they come to find me and arrest me? This woulod be my first offence for anything so I don't know how it works.

Happy Trails

MCS said:
I don't know if I am charged with something. How would they charge me?...Do they come to find me and arrest me? This woulod be my first offence for anything so I don't know how it works.
We don't know if you are going to be charged with anything either. That's why I told you not to worry about it until you do know something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">