• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Topix ip adressVery Important I really messed up I need advice now Please don't judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sueanne1999

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio Okay so usually I am a nice person. I am 26 and don't even have a speeding ticket. Usually i try yo do everything right. I am severely afraid of getting in trouble and have been since I was a kid so usually I just try to do the right thing. Recently there has been a lot of drama between my brother and his ex girlfriend. I guess i got sucked into it and Someone (we assumed her) began posting on topix about him. So I really don't know what I was thinking. I posted some pretty bad stuff under fake names and even under her. I feel awful especially since i now know it wasn't her that had started the post. She said she has called the cops and they are getting Ip addresses, and going to get us (I write the most) for slander. I would love to just be held accountable but My daughter would really suffer if anything happened to me. She is 6 and disabled, she really needs me. i have been really dumb and would appreciate it if anyone has any advice on what I should do. Is there a way to erase history off my computer so if they search it it will not show up? I know I'm an idiot, and horrible but now I've already screwed up and i really really need help quick.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio Okay so usually I am a nice person. I am 26 and don't even have a speeding ticket. Usually i try yo do everything right. I am severely afraid of getting in trouble and have been since I was a kid so usually I just try to do the right thing. Recently there has been a lot of drama between my brother and his ex girlfriend. I guess i got sucked into it and Someone (we assumed her) began posting on topix about him. So I really don't know what I was thinking. I posted some pretty bad stuff under fake names and even under her. I feel awful especially since i now know it wasn't her that had started the post. She said she has called the cops and they are getting Ip addresses, and going to get us (I write the most) for slander. I would love to just be held accountable but My daughter would really suffer if anything happened to me. She is 6 and disabled, she really needs me. i have been really dumb and would appreciate it if anyone has any advice on what I should do. Is there a way to erase history off my computer so if they search it it will not show up? I know I'm an idiot, and horrible but now I've already screwed up and i really really need help quick.
The police don't investigate slander. That's a civil issue.

CdwJava

I suspect someone is pulling your chain. I cannot imagine the police are going to spend time and money to locate IP addresses of posters to Topix. If the standard for some local crime were that people writing rude and obnoxious things equated to a crime, your local cops would be inundated.

Unless you hear from the cops, don't worry. In the meantime, stop posting to Topix about this person.

sueanne1999

Thanks

no more topix at all for me. I really am very scarred of getting into trouble. Well the only time I even got in trouble in school was in 6Th grade because I didn't turn in my homework. Usually I just spend a lot of time with my daughter. I admit I was very stupid for even getting on that site and getting into their argument. I wish I hadn't. I won't be posting anything about anyone again.
Thank you for answering it really helped. That had me scared very bad. I think from now on I will spend less time on the Internet. Thank you again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">