• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer of beer to under 21

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dfuse

I'm a 22-year-old South Carolina college student.

My friend (who is under 21) took me to a store to buy beer since I don't own a car. The county I live in does not allow Sunday alcohol sales so I wanted some beer for the next day.

When I got back, my girlfriend wanted to see me so I left the beer at the house and went to go see her. There were about 7 people at the house when I left (one of them was 21). I left the beer in the refrigerator. No one else handled the beer.

While I was at my girlfriend's, I got a call from a police officer saying if I didn't return to my house, there would be a warrent out for my arrest!

I returned and the cop asked me if I bought beer for minors. I said no, I bought beer for myself. He put me in handcuffs and booked me. I got bailed out and have a court date.

Apparently, two people at my house walked outside with a case of beer. They were under 21 and got caught by cops.

The guys who the cops say I bought beer for (they grabbed my beer) say I did not purchase beer for them. They said they will testify in court to this.

I was gone when the alleged crime occured. Does this matter?

The police officer misspelled the violation. He wrote "Trans to beer under 21." It should be "Transfer of beer or wine for underage person's consumption." What does "to beer" mean??

The cop says he has a 90% conviction rate to try and scare me. Could this be true?

If I get these guys to testify in court that I didn't buy beer for them and that they took this beer, do I have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">