• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transporting Firearms ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Charlie93

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tx
I am a custom rifle builder in Texas. I have a Federal Firearms License. I regularely go to do private showings, a private show at a residence or business, sometimes in other states. ATF law states it is acceptable for me to transport firearms in the course of business. I have never been pulled over while transporting, but what if I do ? I carry a copy of my license, and my business name is on the vehicle. Is this adequate ? Any other precautions I should take ? My rifles are carried in the back of my pickup which has a fiberglass top and is locked and not accessible from the cab.
Charlie93

C

coosi

This site discusses interstate transport and some individual state and city info

home.hiwaay.net/~sickler/opforstuff/goodstuff/interstatetransportfirearms.HTM - 22k

Do you carry ammo also? If so, the firearms are unloaded, I assume? The ammo should be separate...

Son of Slam

Charlie93 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tx
I am a custom rifle builder in Texas. I have a Federal Firearms License. I regularely go to do private showings, a private show at a residence or business, sometimes in other states. ATF law states it is acceptable for me to transport firearms in the course of business. I have never been pulled over while transporting, but what if I do ? I carry a copy of my license, and my business name is on the vehicle. Is this adequate ? Any other precautions I should take ? My rifles are carried in the back of my pickup which has a fiberglass top and is locked and not accessible from the cab.
Charlie93
***Are you licensed as a manufacturer? Are you planing to transport while drunk?

Each state has different laws and some can change at the drop of a hat. So, before you enter a state you need to find out the laws for that particular state and realize that although a law sounds about the same for two states they may be slightly different. For instance, if the bbl length has to be at least 16" you better know if that includes the chamber or not. Something as innocent as a thumbhole or muzzlebrake can help interpret your arm as an offensive military killing machine in some places.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">